Friday, February 1, 2008

Ramblings

It's been a while since I last posted. I can't expect anybody to read this blog if I'm not actively posting, right?

Over the last week or so the "Federal" Reserve has lowered rates an astonishing 1.25%, all in an effort to stimulate the economy. This is where the normal rantings about deficit spending and paying for illegal wars would normally commence, but we've heard it all before, so I won't go there.

I read an article that I found very interesting:

http://www.naturalnews.com/022528.html

One thought I had was that if the values of houses drop to 50% of their high then I will owe on my house what it is worth. Where'd my equity go? I understand that you can't legitimately call equity in a house wealth, unless maybe you own the house outright. However there's a certian feeling knowing that you have 50% equity in your house.

Another thought I had was in respect to the following paragraph in the article posted above:

"But given that most Americans are still likely to vote for status quo candidates and not for the radical changes required to bring economic sanity to our nation, it seems inevitable that this nation won't learn its lessons about the laws of economics until the currency is near-worthless, the population is destitute, the banks are owned by wealthy foreigners and the neighborhoods are boarded up and abandoned due to a massive wave of foreclosures."

It seems that everyone I talk to that is mildly aware of the direction we are going says that a collapse/crash/downturn (or insert your particular phrase here) is inevitable, but is also necessary to correct the problem. Most of them even go so far to say that it is needed to awaken the people of this great nation to the horrible goings-on that we are subject to.

I've begun to think that the people won't wake up. We don't think for ourselves anymore. We just watch CNN or FoxNews and take their subterfuge as gospel. The people will also just cry about how horribly we were treated and misled and expect the government to fix it for us.

And then the cycle will start all over again.

No comments: